Sunday 21 February 2010

Final Fantasy VIII

So FFVIII comes to the Playstation 3 and after the excitement of VII's return this was, needless to say, a very happy day. Not only that but it did something spectacular - it made me want to play it again.

Not that the game wasn't fun initially but it just wasn't right in its timing before. By which I mean that I had both VII and X to play at the same time, both of which are exceptional games. So my playstation now sports the game in its entirety and I intend to complete it this time.

The opening sequence of the game - for those who haven't seen it or are feeling nostalgic - was exquisite on the ps2. From the water making its way up the beach, to the 'training' fight between Squall and Seifer, everything about it said that this was a game with attention to both detail and story. A friend of mine adores the game and because of her I *will* play it from start to finish.

More updates will follow on this, but right now, I'm rather excited by this fact.

2 comments:

  1. Wiiiiiin! :D And I hope that friend is me. :p

    Have you ever finished it before? I forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww of course that was you i was talking about :)

    Nope, never finished, sidetracked by the other games. This is a straight download of the game so graphics suffer slightly (against new tech) but its nice to have and play again

    ReplyDelete